I’ve been considering a blog refresh for awhile. In addition to posts about finished objects, I’m going to try to pop in more regularly with updates on what I’m knitting, what I want to knit, and whatever else I feel like rambling about that week.
On the Needles….
- The Weekender Sweater by Andrea Mowry – I love, love, love how this The Fibre Studio yarn is working up. I knit on this exclusively this weekend – at a brewery, driving out of town, running around getting errands done. Right now I’m halfway done with the sleeves.
- Slanted Ladders Cardigan by Laura Dobratz – The body of this sweater knit up so quickly, but this lace collar is taking a loooooooooong time. It’s just complicated enough that I have to pay attention. I have two collar strips to knit….
- Flying North Socks by Maria Montzka – This pattern is great for on the go knitting – like vanilla socks with just enough interest without getting complicated. I’m about 2/3 done with the foot.
- I cannot wait to start Alicia Plummer’s annual summer MKAL, which kicks off June 24th. This will be my 4th year joining in – her prior year’s patterns are some of my favorite shawls (2016’s Dockside Happiness MKAL, 2017’s Broken Path MKAL and 2018’s Sweet Clover MKAL). I’m excited that this year’s shawl is knit using fingering weight yarn. I’ve pulled two skeins of Little Fox Yarn from my stash that I think will be perfect.
- I purchased yarn for a Plumpy shawl (sport weight) and Cavalgante sweater at Stitches. I’m itching to get both projects on the needles, as well as a sport weight Lounging Top. Have I mentioned I need more hours in the day to knit?!?
Three Things I’m Currently Loving…
- Nespresso half caffeinated coffee with Silk sweet cream almond creamer (iced).
- Happy Planner half sheets for planning vacation, doodles, weekend to-dos, want to knit lists, future stash enhancement….basically everything.
- Knitting on my porch in the evening.
Thanks for joining me this week! Happy Knitting!