I knit almost everywhere. In the car, on the beach, at the movies. Lately, I’ve been knitting outdoors whenever I have the opportunity. Usually it’s on my porch in the evenings, but over Memorial Day weekend, I spent the afternoon knitting at the US National Whitewater Center. I had a lovely afternoon watching the whitewater rafters and looking out for N’s relatives flying across the zipline.
I love nature, but I also want to be as comfortable as possible (I’m more about glamping than camping). With World Wide Knit in Public Day on Saturday, June 10th – and my plans to include knitting for several hours in a local park – I thought I would share my list of what I plan to bring to enjoy the outdoors to the max!
- Sport Brella XL – I bought a Sport Brella after Katie from A Full Plate recommended it. This thing is awesome – it’s the next generation of beach umbrellas.
- Water – I’ll be using my trusty S’well bottle to keep my water cool (fyi, a bottle of wine fits in the large version).
- Blanket (the one in the picture is from Goosebumps. It’s made from jersey and is super soft!)
- Fold up chair
- Hand sanitizer
- Notions – stitch markers, tape measures, small scissors, pens.
- KNITTING – I’ll probably bring a sock-weight hat and my Edgartown Light.
I’ll be pulling all of this in this folding wagon. I am really looking forward to having a great afternoon.
What do you bring to knit in nature? Do you have any favorite places to knit?